I couldn’t help share about my little gem I found this weekend. On Saturday, I was at Target stocking up on toiletries and other
things I don’t need essentials and I found my new favorite gadget… a humidifier! I have never owned or used one before but since moving to LA, my skin and hair have been so dry, especially since winter started. My roommate and I have been cranking up the heat to stay warm and I think that’s been exacerbating all my dryness. Before my humidifier, I tried every cream, oil, conditioner, etc but nothing was working on my skin and hair. The last straw was when I realized that regardless of how many deep conditioners and hair masks I used my hair felt and looked like hay and my curls were dull and frizzy when they dried.
I considered a humidifier before but never took the plunge but now that I finally have one, I don’t think I can ever sleep without one again, especially in this dry California air. I’m a bit paranoid about leaving electronics on when I’m not home especially one that’s filled with water. But what I’ve been doing is keeping it on low when I sleep and it has made a serious difference in my moisture levels.
- Soft skin even when I don’t put lotion on
- Moisturized hair that no longer feels like straw
- Keeps my room warm (I have a warm humidifier – there are cool options as well)
- Keeps me from feeling parched overnight
- I no longer wake up feeling like I slept in a desert
- My face is less dry and more supple so my makeup applies much more smoothly and without creases when I wear it
- Annoying cleaning and maintenance especially if you’re in a hard water area
- Slight whirring noise – except there are some that are virtually noise free if you’re willing to pay for it. Mine sounds like water steaming and has gotten to be quite soothing before bed.
Honestly, I’m obsessed with this thing! My friend said that she used to use humidifiers as a kid when she was sick. But for me, this is my new secret (or not so secret because I’m sharing it here) beauty weapon. Nadege from Relaxed Hair Health is very big on flawless glowing skin and she recently inspired me to take better care of my skin especially my face. She’s recommended a lot of products that I’ve been meaning to try, (especially this facial hydrator) but this humidifier is working so well, I think I’m going hold out on trying any new serums or products and put that money elsewhere.
Does anyone else sleep with a humidifier? And if so has it made a difference for you? I feel like I’m late to the game (per usual) but this time I don’t even care and have definitely found a holy grail in my beauty regimen! The best part is, it was super cheap (~25$) and then I don’t have to worry about constantly restocking on a product, I just add water and get glowing skin when I sleep. Now that’s what I truly call beauty rest!!